5 tips for kitchen wall tiles
Here are a few pointers for kitchen wall tile ideas.
Choose your kitchen wall tiles carefully taking advice from a good tile supplier, such as Direct Tile Warehouse who have been a tile retailer for over 35 years and are members of The Tile Association.
- The latest trend is for very large tiles but they may not suit your kitchen particularly if there are a lot of electrical sockets to cut around. Large tiles are heavy and cannot be fixed to some backgrounds.
- Prepare carefully. A detailed plan of how the tiles are to be set out can save a lot of cutting and result in a more professional looking finished project. Tiles can add value to your home so be prepared to spend money and time.
- Don't try and match the colour of the worktop, a contrast or a similar colour to the floor, co-ordinating with the units, will always look more effective. Don't be afraid to mix matt finish tiles with gloss units or worktop and vice versa.
- Mosaics can be very useful in kitchens which tend to have a lot of switches and sockets to cut round. Mosaics come on a mesh which can be cut with scissors. Tiling an entire kitchen in mosaic could prove expensive. Instead, use mosaics between the worktop and wall units and choose a complimentary tile for the other wall areas.
- Buy or hire the best equipment, it will save time and money. Drilling holes in tiles is a routine part of any installation and that includes kitchen tiles. To avoid chipping or breaking them when drilling you will need a specialist tile drill. Please ask our friendly professional staff for advice
Maybe this all sounds rather difficult. Before you start; work out how long it will take you (about three times as long as a professional), how much per hour you earn and how much your house is worth then consider employing a professional.
For further information please contact the customer help team on 0800 8766866 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Direct Tile Warehouse is a member of The Tile Association and would like to thank The Tile Association for preparing this guide and allowing Direct Tile Warehouse to use it.