Hallway tiles for beautiful tiled halls
Things to consider when choosing hallway tiles
- Firstly think about the style you are trying to create. There are so many options of tiles available have fun choosing the look that’s right for your home. Are you wanting a traditional look with Victorian hall tiles or would you prefer a sleek modern style with large format porcelain or ceramic tiles, how about slate effect tiles, hardwearing and stylish and the inconsistencies of the natural stone can create an interesting effect. For a great choice of hallway tiles please refer to the hall tiles pages.
- Matt Porcelain tiles often have good anti slip qualities and can be available in a specific anti slip versions as well. These are particularly good for hallways where people may have wet feet on entering the home, in particular with children in mind. Please bear in mind gloss tiles will become slippery when wet.
- Consider the grout colour. The grout colour plays an important part in the finished appearance of the wall or floor. There are many colours available and you should choose a colour that combines well with the tile. Alternatively the traditional colours are white for walls and grey on floors due to them being neutral colours.
- Ask Direct Tile Warehouse for advice. We are a member of The Tile Association and will be able to give you advice on choosing the right tiles, adhesives and grouts for your particular project.
- Spend time preparing the surface you are about to attach the tiles to. Preparing the surface is vital it needs to be flat, firm, dry and clean from any loose particles.
There are various tile options which are suitable for hallways including:
The benefit of using tiles
- One of the main benefits of tiles is that they are hard wearing. Porcelain tiles are extremely popular: very hard wearing, suitable for all rooms in the domestic home including hallways which are an area of high traffic and need to stand up to a lot of wear.
- Matt Porcelain tiles often have good anti slip qualities and can be available in a specific anti slip versions as well. These are particularly good for hallways where people may have wet feet on entering the home, in particular with children in mind.
- Tiles are hygienic making them easy to clean and maintain.
- The clean flat surfaces are particularly suitable for people who suffer from asthma and allergies as they do not collect dust or collect animal hair.
- Unlike carpets they will not fade, heat will not damage their surface or curl them. This makes tiles an excellent choice for any room throughout the home including conservatories and hallways that are generally exposed to sunlight.
- Tiles last longer than most other floor coverings.
- Tiles can be fitted with under floor heating systems.
- Tiles can easily be fitted throughout the home onto wood floors due to the advances in flexible flooring adhesives and grouts on the market.
- There are a wide variety of colours, designs and finishes available in todays market and there are options to suit every budget.
- They are extremely attractive and can be used to create a unique style. From the clean lines of large plain colour tiles, to the varied interesting results achieved from slate and slate effect tiles to the integral patterns that can be achieved from using a mix of sized tiles.
For a great choice of hallway tiles click here
For further information please contact the customer help team on 0800 8766866 or email email@example.com
Direct Tile Warehouse is a member of The Tile Association.